Thursday, April 7

. . . these are the day of our lives.

Check out part one here.

Fast forward to the beginning of 2005.

I'm collecting a course guide front the front of a lecture when I get a tap on the shoulder.

Gary: "Hi. How was your summer?"

The Student: "Yeaahhh, not bad man, yourself?"

Gary: "Yeah, not good. I went and met Nicole's parents and we had a figh..."

Lecturer: "Can everyone please take their seats?"

The Student: "Ahh..."

Gary: "..."

The Student: "I'll catch up with you."

I haven't seen him again, so I haven't been able to get the rest of the story. It's now pretty safe to say that they were in fact seeing each other. This is great because Nicole was 100% hot; also, given Gary's eagerness to tell me that there was a fight with Nicole's parents, it'd be fair to say they've arrived at Shitsville with an almighty crash.

Two weeks ago I caught up with Matt in a cafe at Uni to collect a text book off him. We got to talking and eventually the subject got to Gary and Nicole, because primarily we are nothing if not salacious gossipmongers. It turned out that Matt had had the same conversation with Gary, but his was uninterrupted.

The Student: "So what happened?"

Matt: "Well he went to visit her parents..."

The Student: "In Taiwan?"

Matt: "Yeah! All the way to Taiwan! When he got there her parents weren't impressed. They had a huge argument, and she was forbidden..."

The Student: "Forbidden?"

Matt: "Forbidden, from going back to Australia. They didn't let her leave Taiwan."

The Student: "Fuck!"

So it turns out that not only were they going out, but he had travelled to the orient (because that sounds way cooler) to meet her parents. They didn't approve of him, more than likely because of his ethnicity.

Gary returned to Australia empty handed, having had Nicole's parents take her from him and deny the romance between two star crossed lovers.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Student said...

Matt and myself *have* been antiquing together.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

*Gasp*!
What an amazingly zany end to that story. Something tells me that it won't end there though. No matter how strict a girl's parents, she's gonna rebel some time. "I can foil it in me waters..."

6:45 PM  
Blogger amy said...

oh alas! i'm just impressed that you were actually interested in the lives of the other people in your group... and still talk to them.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so... he got into her then? you didnt say man, you cant just leave me hanging like that

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home