Friday, November 4

Hope and Validation are united again.

The essay is finished.

I now know more about the Howard Government's proposed industrial relations reforms than I care to share with you. There are few sweeter feelings you can have as a Uni student than the feeling of handing in an essay, after numerous days of computer based labour producing it. The arboury sound of the stapled paper assignment slipping into the oldschool wooden essaybox. The brief satisfied smile that greets my lips.

I want this on record because I have found over the many years here that this feeling is in fact one of the few fleeting 'joys' of uni life. The sheer underwhelmingness of this fact leads me to believe that maybe I am not getting everything out of university that I should.

We now enter the exam study zone, where the ingredients of the coming days are a stew of study, procrastination and fretting. Add in a pinch of calculating my mark in the subject so far, and you just about have my plans for the next few days leading up to Monday's exam.

This period of the year sees me become weary in appearance and mindset, prematurely aging my boyish good looks.

(I can nay uphold my spot as Melbourne's most eligable blogger if I look tired and disheartened.)

That's enough flirting with my readership for one day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Just think of how expanded your brain is becoming with all that knowledge as your appearance is being drained away. So you not only get to experience your whole face and body dragging down to the floor in a mixture of stressed and tired, but have a freakishly expanded forehead to accomodate all that swelling grey matter. This mental image is making me all hot under the collar...

1:41 AM  
Blogger Enny said...

I'm feeling pretty haggard meself, laddee... There needs to be some kind of e-blog-pissup marking end of exams. I'm done on the 18th - fill'er'up!

11:24 PM  
Blogger The Student said...

I'm going through till the 23rd. It should be illegal to make someone study for that long.

*sighs*

1:58 PM  
Blogger The Student said...

D+

Lame.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home