Wednesday, November 23

War is Over, if you want it.

Yes please.

After what has been without doubt the most stressful and exam period ever, uni is finished for the year. What a frustrating year it has been. Plenty of new challenges and a new sense of direction, however still a great deal of work load and complication. However, I am leaving this year of study a more competant student than I left last years.

I drastically over estimated my ability to study politics again, the old 'good study' habits never really kicked in. Although, I certainly enjoyed the opportunity to study politics again; the, how shall we say... fickle, structure of essay marking showed how much I need to lift my game in the 'little things' catergory.

Not changing the exam venue at the last minute, and setting the venue as a tiny room ten minutes walk across the university might also help. I go to a big university, I walked over bridges. Bridges.

The exam period did finish with two of the better beers I have had lately with a fellow political theorist (of sorts).

This semester's exam period featured three exams, 8 days apart. Initially I was really happy with this. But, regardless of how much space there is, I am always going to spend no more than the last three days before the exam in this sort of format:

3 days to go: Meh.
2 days to go: Meh, I'd better check out that course guide.
1 day to go: Hardcore study.

The problem with this 8 day gap is the that days 8-4 before the exam are packed full of shit that I haven't done during those three days prior to the exam. I doubt I have communicated it properly in this forum, but I am not exactly short on shit to do. The 24 day length of the exam period wore out not just me, but work mates and friends also, as I grew increasingly irritable with the lack of time I had.

Now, my sleep patterns can return to normal, I can start looking 23 again, I can resume worrying about normal run of the mill stuff. Like sending fan mail to this girl:

ap_photo_ep0603

This won't be the last post before I disappear till next year, but it's probably the second last. Maybe it's the last, I don't know. I need sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

You sound very tired. But hooray! Holidays!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Enny said...

I'm completely with you on the fickle political marking...!

12:36 PM  
Blogger The Student said...

How hot is Ally?

I'm not going to go into the marking - but the phrase 'double standard' applies.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home