Wednesday, March 22

University Life Glossary Term #15


Sleeper Cell

Cells in the blood stream that attack the central nevous system during a lecture, forcing a student to fall asleep despite the discomfort of sitting upright in an uncomfortable chair.

Likely to attack at the most embarrasing moment, such as when the student is sitting in the front row.*

Despite the rumoured benefits of stimulants such ascoffee, there is no known cure for Sleeper Cells.

(* Happened on Monday, sitting barely two metres from the lecturer.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i once had a lecturer prod me awake to ask me politely to stop snoring. true story.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Ursula said...

interestingly enough, the lecture doesn't have to be boring for the sleeper cell to attack.

1:33 PM  
Blogger jenu said...

It's a terrible feeling...I thought it was just a uni thing but alas..it happens all the time at work too.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Enny said...

... was this you or someone else?!

5:56 PM  
Blogger The Student said...

It was me.

I've been pretty good this year, but I dunno, for some reason uni makes me sleepy.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Enny said...

oooooh

*cringe*

I did it once in first year in maths - lent down to pick up a pencil I dropped, rested my head on the armrest as I did it and I was out like a light! But I'm cool and was sitting near the back ;o)

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that one of my old Philosophy lecturers actually dozed off in his *own* lecture. Sadly, it wasn't one I was attending to see for myself.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home