Thursday, August 11

..and the sky is grey.

It's brutal at uni at the moment. My university is a bleak place to be when it's wet and cold. The library affords the only relief from the cold - a cruel ploy to sucker students into learning.

Right now Melbourne, like a lot of the state, is in the midst of a cold snap that saw harried city cased workers looking skyward yesterday as the bureau of meteorol...meteol....weather offered odds of 4/10 for snow falling in the city. Other parts of the state were blanketed in snow, and areas like Ballarat (pictured below) snagged decent, and evidently photogenic, falls.

balla

Half way between the car and my tute today I discovered just how 'waterproof' my new jacket is, as the rain hammered me and several on campus students scurrying between under cover areas.

In the midst of all this, it might be worth pointing out that as of the middle of next week, I'll be heading here:

aussie-beach-n-cairns

..for a week of reading a book, drinking by the pool, and lapping up the sun.

In the meantime, I have to hand in the three assignments that are due during that week by this coming Tuesday.

I am like SO hard done by.

5 Comments:

Blogger Enny said...

We'll be hitting Melbourne in a fortnight - and I know it's gonna be all 'top picture' on the outside, but I'll be feelin all 'bottom picture' on the inside!

10:01 PM  
Blogger The Student said...

picking a badddd time of the year to come.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Enny said...

Anytime of the year is good for copious amounts of shopping and overspending...

And if badddd is anything like dirrrrty, then that sounds grrrreat!

3:58 PM  
Blogger The Student said...

you're drastically over estimating melbourne.

12:03 AM  
Blogger The Student said...

I have a lot of work to get done before I can happily go.

But in the second semester, our break is right at the end (who knows why) so I'm going now.

I'm going to need to find a rediculously tanned picture of a student when I get back.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home