Monday, April 10

with old friends

Distractions, I'm trapped by so many distractions.

For the past three weekends I have played cricket both days, as my team snuck unexpectedly into the finals, then into the next game, then eventually into the grand final. This is all well and good, in fact it'd be great if we'd managed to win the grand final. Instead we lost what we should have won, resigned to being a bit of a laughing stock, and then consequently celebrated the loss in a similar manner to the victors.

Regardless of all of this, I am trying to pass uni and keep my head above water, passing distractions are not helping.

Three weekends eaten up, numerous weekdays taken up the Commonwealth Games, and subsequent struggles to catch up have left me feeling as if I'm treading water. The Comedy Festival is coming up, and the footy season has started.

I'm about to get a week off, and face it in better nick than I was this time last year. I'm heading to Marlo again for Easter, but I'm still, despite my good itentions and hard work, facing having to catch up during the week off.

Blah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ursula said...

nice self-reflexive moment with the 'treading water'.

7/10

9:46 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I expect you to hide in a least one tent in Marlo this year. Preferably not with someone drunk enough to giggle and give you away.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home